The REAL face of King Tut: Pharaoh had girlish hips, a club foot and buck teeth according to ‘virtual autopsy’ that also revealed his parents were brother and sister
• ‘Virtual autopsy’ composed of more than 2,000 computer scans carried out
• Genetic analysis of Tutankhamun’s family showed his parents were brother and sister
• Family history could also have led to his premature death in his late teens
• Various myths have him murdered or dying in chariot race
• Club foot would have made it impossible to take part in chariot racing
The boy king has fascinated the world since his tomb was discovered by Howard Carter in 1922.
Now a virtual autopsy comprised of thousands of scans has revealed that much of what we thought about Tutankhamun was wrong and far from being murdered or dying in a chariot race, his early death may have been due to physical and genetic problems caused by his parents being brother and sister.
Source: Daily Mail / Oct. 20, 2014