Important decisions were taken in the G-20 Brisbane Summit in Australia. See the core outcomes at a glance:
- G-20 leaders reveal plan to boost global growth by more than $2 trillion over 5 years.
- G-20 communiques says if $2 trillion initiatives is fully implemented it would lift global GDP by 2.1% above expected levels by 2018.
- U.S. President says “Assad has no legitimacy; he would drive Syrian Sunnis to support ISIL”.
- Obama also says “Putin vilated Minsk deal; sanctions against Russia biting plenty good and could be tightened further”.
- Australian Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, announces that China will host 2016 G-20 Summit.